For my birthday episode, we’re whipping up the perfect summer sweets that are both refreshing and delicious! DAIRY FREE ice cream cookie sandwiches and spiked watermelon/lime popsicles make this episode of Cooking with Flava with Ava extra sweet! 🍉 🍪 ✨
Dairy Free Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
Dairy Vegan Free Vanilla Ice Cream
Dairy Allergy? No problem! Enjoy the creaminess of ice cream without the dairy.
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 1 pint
- dairy free condensed milk (recipe below)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 4 cups coconut or oat milk
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Add coconut or oat milk, vanilla extract, vanilla bean, sugar, and salt into a medium bowl.
- Add dairy-free condensed milk to the mixture.
- Use an electric hand mixer to combine ingredients.
- Transfer to an air-tight container and freeze for at least 6 hours or until frozen, preferably overnight.
Dairy Free Vegan Condensed Milk
- 1 can unsweetened coconut or oat milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Add coconut or dairy-free milk to the sauté pan on medium heat.
- Add sugar and whisk until dissolved.
- Simmer on low heat for 60-75 minutes or until mixture reduces.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a container.
- Let cool completely at room temperature, then finish chilling in the fridge. The mixture should thicken as it cools.
- Add to dairy-free ice cream or store in the fridge for later!
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Get ready for some ooey gooey goodness! It doesn’t take much to make the best chocolate chip cookies! You’d be surprised how the sea salt takes it to the next level!
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 10 big cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose or gluten-free flour
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat both sugars and butter together. Then add eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture a little at a time. Combine until cookie dough begins to form.
- Add chocolate chips to the batter and mix lightly.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball and place them onto a baking sheet. Repeat the process until the dough is gone.
- Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes; for extra gooey cookies, remove from the oven when cookies are barely brown.
- Set aside to cool and enjoy!
How to Assemble Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- Place a scoop of ice cream onto one side of a cooled cookie.
- Cover cookie with ice cream with another cookie and gently press together.
- Eat immediately or store in the freezer.
Spiked Watermelon Lime Popsicles
A refreshing treat for the summer and great for summer birthday parties!
Use any alcohol of your choice! I will be using ~ Tequila.
Total Time 15 mins
Servings 10 popsicles
- 5 cups of watermelon chopped
- 2 tablespoon stevia or natural sweetener
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- juice from half of lime
- 2-3 oz. of tequila or preferred alcohol
- Use pre-cut or cut the watermelon into cubes and add to blender.
- Puree’ watermelon until smooth.
- Add sugar sweetener, lime juice, and tequila, then blend together.
- Pour watermelon mixture into popsicle molds, leaving space for tops or popsicle sticks.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours or until frozen. Preferably overnight.
- Once frozen, remove popsicles from the freezer and run warm water over molds for 10-15 seconds to help release popsicles from the mold.
- Serve with fresh lime, and enjoy!