Happy Mother’s Day! Learn how to make homemade pasta for your mom or someone you love! This dairy free jerk Alfredo sauce is perfectly paired with fresh veggies for a flavorful dish! Click above to watch this recipe come to life!
Homemade Pasta with Dairy Free Jerk Alfredo Sauce & Fresh Veggies
Once you make this pasta from scratch, it’ll be hard to return to a box! Get ready for tons of flavor and creaminess without the dairy!
Total Time 60 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- olive oil
- 4 eggs
- plant-based butter
- oat/almond milk
- dairy free sour cream
- dairy free mozzarella shreds
- dairy free gouda
- onion powder
- minced garlic
- jerk marinade
- grape tomatoes
- chopped fresh parsley
- save 1 cup of pasta water
- Get ready to make some delicious pasta! Begin by mixing flours together in a bowl.
- Create a crater or semi-volcano-like bowl with the flour on your surface with your hands.
- One at a time, add eggs to the middle, followed by olive oil and salt.
- Slowly add flour into the eggs using a fork, chopsticks, or whatever utensil helps you the most.
- Knead until dough forms for about 10 minutes if doing it by hand. You can use a food processor to speed up the process and decrease kneading time.
- Once pasta dough has formed, wrap and set aside for 20-30 minutes to rest
- While the dough is resting, begin your Alfredo sauce by sautéing butter and garlic together in a large pan
- Add flour until mixture becomes slightly crumbly, then add milk, sour cream, and cheeses.
- Simmer together until cheese is melted chiefly together
- Chop the top 3/4 of asparagus and sauté in a separate pan with olive and garlic
- Half tomatoes and set aside
- Quarter pasta dough leaving the remaining pieces wrapped in plastic until they are ready to be rolled out
- Begin on the widest setting of your rolling machine, usually 1, and gradually go up to 8 until your pasta is thin enough that you can see your hand through it or how most pasta makers say thin enough you can read a letter through it.
- Change to cutting attachment and cut pasta sheets into your pasta strands!
- Transfer to a drying rack or form into a spiral to dry; either way, sprinkle with flour, so your noodles don’t dry together.
- While pasta is drying, boil a large pot with water, adding salt and olive oil to the water.
- Finish Alfredo sauce by adding salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, basil, oregano, and your desired amount of jerk seasoning. Mix to combine.
- Add tomatoes followed by sautéed asparagus set aside
- Add fresh pasta to boiling water cooking for 5 minutes, making sure not to overcook
- Drain and add cooked pasta to skillet or large pan
- Pour Alfredo sauce over noodles and lightly toss until each noodle is covered
- Garnish with fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon, and enjoy!